Product & IT Manager
Posted on 07 Sep 9:14 am, East Legon, AccraApplication deadline: 18 Sep 2020
Tonaton.com is committed to helping the people of Ghana buy and sell online safely. We want to build a great online platform that facilitates online and offline transactions so that people can find great deals with convenience. At Tonaton.com, people are at the heart of every step that we take towards accomplishing our mission. We foster a culture of individual growth and learning.
If you are a highly-motivated individual with a genuine interest in technology and a passion to deliver cutting-edge products, we have the perfect job for you! We are seeking a strong software Product Owner to work with our dream team environment in order to deliver the best software solutions to our innovative and industry-leading products.
We are looking to add a results-driven, hands-on Product Owner & IT Manager who has the same high ambitions and drive to help fuel the growth of the business.
The ideal candidate will be the link between the product development team and end-users, and responsible for all IT related issues. The individual will be responsible for gathering product requirements, determining specifications, production timetables, pricing, and training of end-users on the product.
- Analyze operation team’s needs into a prioritized product roadmap
- Assess market competition by comparing the company's product to competitors' products
- Develop strategies to ensure that all IT equipment and software programs are running 99% of the time
- Sort any internet-related issues out with providers to ensure minimal downtimes if any at all (Telecoms management)
- Strategic support for the management team. Provide strategic support to management, by giving trusted information to management by preparing reports and analyses; answering questions and requests
- Use technology as a solution for business and operational challenges
- LAN Administration
- Digital applications management
- Inventory and user management
- Manage the servers (deploy patches, upgrades, system maintenance, etc.)
- Perform regular inspections of PC Systems and the Networks, for cybersecurity breaches and follow the corrective actions to get resolutions.
- Provide assistance to installed Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) at the office
- Administration of Mobile phone packages
- Participate in Business Analysis processes and design Products that will suit customers
- Safety reviews of all electrical and network connections. This includes the continuous operations of the Switches, Router, Firewall, and other network peripherals.
- Improve product market share and champion the growth in our market
- Help setting up and delivering on product KPIs
- Take ownership and do whatever it takes to get the job done ethically!
- 4 to 6 years’ working experience as a Product Owner
- BSc. Computer Science, Engineering, Project Management or similar relevant field
- In-depth knowledge of Agile process and principles
- Working with ideation and product innovation across our products in our market - this is a very broad responsibility that will expose you to many new aspects of the business
- Take end-to-end ownership and responsibility for identifying market requirements, getting stakeholder buy-in, drive the implementation and help with the product roadmap
- Outstanding communication, presentation, and leadership skills
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative thinker with a vision
- Pays attention to details
- Ideally experienced in an e-commerce site or marketplace
- Ability to write technical requirements, product confluence, and user stories, authoring Product Requirement Documents (PRD)
- Ability to analyze large amounts of data and generate meaningful insights and reports
- Great sense of design and user experience - less is more
- Prior experience in building a CRM tool will be a bonus
- Knowledge of Product Development
- Knowledge of AWS will be an added advantage
- Experience of working with colleagues in different timezones
What You Can Expect from Us
- Work with some of the best entrepreneurs and operators in the field, coming from successful international companies such as Skype, Kinnevik, Klarna, Amazon, and Naspers.
- Working with a team that has a proven track record of building successful Internet companies
- An opportunity to work for a fast-growing company that offers a challenging, fun, and international environment
- Excellent career advancement opportunities
- Flat hierarchies within an energetic and highly motivated team
- Rest & Wellness
- Growth & development
- A smart and exuberant workforce
- Sense of belonging