A reputable Laboratory supplies company in Tamale is seeking the services of a female secretary.
The purpose of this position is to:
• To provide administrative support to the Managing Director and the management of the Director’s office, to provide support to Core Management Team, perform numerous duties, including scheduling, writing correspondence, sales, emailing and handling visitors.
• Acts as the first point of contact to the Managing Director.
• Provides administrative and clerical support to the Director and Core Management Team.
• Manages coordinates and maintains the calendar of the company including appointments and meetings.
• Prepare quotations, invoices, waybills, and receipts for sales
• Check stocks available, stock-out, and stock-in
• Prepares confidential and sensitive documents
• Receive calls and attend to clients
• Prepares and manages company office budget
• Handles all information requests to the Managing Director’s office
• Devises and maintains office system, including data management and filing.
• Deals with incoming mails and correspondence on behalf of the Managing Director
• Carries out background research and presents findings as assigned
• Collates and files expenses for the Company
• Reads analyzes and prepares reports and presentations
• The secretary would work with Core Management Team and other department Heads
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND BEHAVIOURS:
• Expert knowledge in office management and secretarial duties.
• Significant and strong understanding of managing a top executive office.
• Significant experience in and a strong understanding of the secretary processes, approaches, tools, and organizational learning, that is up to date with best practices in the role.
• Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrated the highest level of competency
• Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail
• Good Communication skills (both written and spoken)
• Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
• Good planning skills
• Develop and communicate clear messages from the Company
• Strong collaboration skills, able to build cooperation and negotiate compromises.
• Good interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with staff partners, Customers and visitors
• Proven experience of using Microsoft office package
• Fluent in English.
• Listens to and consults with others with genuine curiosity and interest to learn.
• Co-creates with diverse staff across the organization.
• Inspire trust and support from others
• Promotes learning
• Takes responsibility for achieving significant results
• Able to build rapport with wide range of groups
• Demonstrably committed to the Company’s goals and values: open & transparent; working well together; accountable and striving for lasting impact
• Respectful and obedient,
• Ability to work under supervision
Qualification Required & Experience
• HND in secretarial management or Marketing or Business management with three years’ experience or more